Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wedding ... music

I think picking out the music was probably one of the hardest parts for Jacquelyn
her and Bucky LOVE music so it was an important element of the ceremony
and each song picked had a special meaning for them

and they did not want to go with the traditional songs

listed below is their music
Bucky has promised his mom and I that he will burn us a CD ... yeah!

all songs were the instrumental version

The prelude
Somewhere over the rainbow - E Y Harburg
Storybook Love - The Princess Bride theme
Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers

for the seating of the Grandparents and parents
Can you feel the love tonight - Elton John

The bridesmaid processional
Forrest Gump theme song - Alan Silvestri
(Forrest Gump is Bucky's favorite movie)

Brides processional
Your Song - Elton John

Sand Ceremony
Hallelujah - Vitamin String Quartet

Recessional
Is This Love - Bob Marley

Postlude
Wonderful tonight - Eric Claption by Vitamin String Quartet
I don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith by Vitamin String Quartet

I thought all of the music was beautiful
and I loved that they strayed from tradition

My wedding tip for today - don't feel that you have to go with the traditional tunes for your wedding. Pick your favorite songs that have meaning to you. That is what will make your ceremony different and special to you. Note Jacquelyn did not use the traditional bridal march....she said everyone does that. She wanted hers to be different.
So now when I hear "Your Song" by Elton John, I will remember my daughter walking down the aisle......sweet!!

later......

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sigh. I wish I had a wedding to plan.
Maybe someday - although one son is seeing the same girl now for almost 8 months. That's a first! He's 26 - no clue what the heck he is waiting for!
So now I have a first hand experience to refer to if and when the time comes! Perfect!
You have been busy.
Are you bored now? (hehehe)
HAGE! Karen