Thursday, August 1, 2013

Clean eating ... day 22

here I am ... 22 days in and I can't believe I have done
this. One week away from completing the Whole30.
they tell you it will change your life in an amazing way
I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about but now
I know ... and it has.
I'll go more into that when I hit my 30th day
but for now, some more of the wonderful foods I have been
eating since starting this
 
I made these egg muffins so we would have something
easy to take to work for breakfast
they really are like mini quiches
I sautéed peppers and onions for these
I think next time I will include sausage
 
 
also new I fixed eggplant. I can't believe all of these years of cooking
and I had never made eggplant before. I kind of made my "veggie" version
of a pizza......I sliced the eggplant and drizzled with olive oil
and added some Italian seasoning
 
 
then mixed some fresh tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil
after bringing to a boil, turned down to simmer
 
 


I baked the eggplant, then added the tomatoes and put
under the broiler for a couple of minutes to "toast" it up a little
 
 
turned out good but one lesson learned, pat the eggplant with
a paper towel to remove excess moisture. I didn't realize that they hold
so much moisture. But they were good and I'll definitely make again.
 
later.....
 

No comments: