Monday, April 16, 2012

Shrimp Creole ...

If you love shrimp creole, you'll love this recipe
it's easy peasy and it's mmmmm good!
I always have to tweak recipes a tad bit but I really didn't
have to on this one. I put my notes to the side....

here ya go....

1/3 cup shortening (I used my new health kick, coconut oil)
1/4 cup flour
1 lb med cleaned shrimp (no head, tail or vein, ewww)
1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2 because we love garlic)
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tablespoon parsley
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 can tomato sauce (15 1/2 oz)
2 cups rice, cooked (I used our other new health kick, Quinoa)

Melt the shortening in sauce pan over high heat. Add flour, cook stirring until light brown. Reduce heat

Add shrimp, cook stirring for 3 minutes

Add garlic, onion, parsley and bell pepper. Cook stirring
for 2 minutes.

Increase heat, add water gradually. Add salt, pepper and tomato sauce.
bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer 20 to 30 minutes

serve over rice, noodles or Quinoa!
this makes 4 servings so for a crowd, just double.

make sure you have all ingredients ready and lined up
because you are constantly stirring



this shot is right out of the camera so it has an orange
tone to it...it's the lighting in my kitchen.
the sauce is actually red!
enjoy!!

later......


No comments: