Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing.....

I love to sew! Johnny gave me this sewing machine 30 years ago and it is still running like a charm. I used to sew little dresses for our daughter Jacquelyn all of the time. She would only wear dresses so it was just so much fun making cute little outfits. I also used to make all of the kids Halloween costumes which was always fun. But then they got older, involved in sports and life just got too busy to sew.
So the other day I decided to sew something other than pillows and curtains! It's been a long time......and I even had to look up some sewing terms as I had forgot!


Can you guess what I'm making..........I'll show the finished item soon

later....

5 comments:

Connie said...

I have the same sewing machine and Dwight bought it for me over 30 years ago. I used to sew nightgowns and Halloween costumes for my children. Good memories.

I got mine out the other day to mend something and it felt good. I think you are making an apron.'

Can't wait to see it!
Connie

Midwestnest said...

My sewing machine is also about that old. I have been sewing quite a bit lately with all the crafts that I find on other blogs. Look forward to seeing your end product.

Amber said...

Hmmm...I'm going to guess a bag of some sort.

Can't wait to see!!!

Love that fabric!!

traci said...

i do not sew, but i have such warm memories of my grandmother in her sewing room. we got flannel nightgowns from her every year on christmas eve. i just couldn't wait to get my new nightgown. thanks for prompting me to think of her.

Lucy said...

I also love to sew and don't have time enough to even mend things right now. Good for you!