Sunday, April 11, 2010

More old silver.....

I'm still coming across old silver that belonged to my MIL. I'm not sure about this piece. It was so black when I found it.....and I can't believe I didn't take a pic of that! Anyway, it cleaned up pretty good.....has some scratches and just a couple of "pit" marks.
I have it just sitting in the middle of the dining room table......and it just looks so pretty there.

here you can see a little of the black....and look at the dainty legs on it.

I really do not know if this is sterling or just silver plated. It's a beautiful piece though.

later..........

2 comments:

Linda said...

From one silver lover to another, enjoy the platter! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Lovin it. But you are giving me the heebee jeebbee's here that it's going to scratch you table! ARGHH!!!!

I just had to alugh at this post. I have taken a few yucky looking silver pieces that I didn't think had a chance on earth of coming clean, only to clean them up until they are GORGEOUS, and then realize "why the heck didn't I take a before picture!" SO you are NOT ALONE in doing that my friend.

Just yesterday - I packed up a swap I am in, sealed the box and it's ready to mail, each little treasure inside wrapped individually, only to realize while sitting at dinner last night that I didn't take pictures of ANYTHING. So I had to open the box, unwrap each piece, photograph them all, rewrap each piece and seal up the box once again.

I guess I'm just really having a bad case of CRS of late. Because like my Grandma used to tell me "Karen, you'd forget your head if it wasn't fastened on to ya!" :)

Have a great day! Karen