Sunday, April 18, 2010

In my garden.....

I walked around my flower gardens yesterday to capture what was starting to bloom........so I thought I would share!
My climbing roses have 4 opened blooms and tons of buds!

These are begonias coming up from last year......which I don't even understand as begonias are annuals. They were so pretty last year and bloomed all summer that I decided I would plant a lot of them this year. When I went to work up the soil in this small flower bed, this is what I found....nice!

as you can see, my peonies are full of big buds almost ready to burst open! I love when they bloom as they are one of my favorites. All 3 peony bushes are like this.

here are my lily of the valley. I love them...they are just so dainty. And they really multiply.......so if you are looking to fill up an area, you can't go wrong with them. They spread so much each year that I dig a lot up and give away to friends.


Lambs ear.....will be so beautiful when it gets it's purple flowers.
this is another that spreads like crazy!

An old basket that sits in the middle of my flower garden...filled with different perennials.

My hydrangea are coming out nicely this year. I hope I get lots of blooms!

My iris' all standing tall ready to open soon.......

New to our garden this year......Clematis

I'm going to train it to go up this post that holds a bird feeder. I can't really feed the birds with this one as the squirrels eat it all up in one day!

So there ya go.....that's what is coming up in my garden right now.
I'll post more pics when things start blooming a little more.

later........

8 comments:

Karen said...

OH YAY! This post was just speaking to me!
So that's what Lily of the Valley looks like in a garden! I just received some in a swap - it was my favorite flower when I was a little girl, and I can't wait to plant it. But I think I have to wait until next year - at least that's what the panting instructions say. Course in CA, everything pretty much grows year round . . .
Oh I'm so happy you shared this today! Love it all!
Have a great week! Karen

Linda said...

There's only one word for your garden...GORGEOUS! I'm continually amazed by God's artwork and beauty!

Your pictures are beautiful, so big and vibrant. Do you touch them up with photoshop before you post them?

Connie said...

Again..you have a beautiful yard. Thanks for sharing. Love your photography.

Connie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just a beautiful blog and always gorgeous pictures....I have not had enough blog time lately...So glad that I stopped by tonight..Be sure and stop by main blog
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
and witness a miracle.

traci said...

oh nina. all your flowers are just gorgeous!!! beautiful photos.

SeaWorthy said...

nice!
The flowers are getting up from their slumber in this neck of the woods, too!

LilliGirl said...

awesome shots...amazing how I live just acros town but my plants seem to be a week or 2 behind yours. :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh my...your garden looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am jealous of all the wonderful flowers you have!