Wednesday, December 9, 2009

25 Days of Christmas.........Giving



I am very fortunate to work for a company that likes to give back to the community. There is a lot of charities that benefit from our company and employees throughout the year but one I always enjoy is the giving that we do at Christmas. All of our buildings have Angel Trees to help families in need to provide Christmas to their children. We also do a food drive to help the food bank in our city. It is very satisfying knowing that families will not go hungry this winter. New this year is another agency that helps families in need, in crisis. We did a turkey drive in November to make sure families would all have turkeys for their Thanksgiving. We raised enough money for a little over 300 families. Yesterday, we made gift bags for these families...filled with hot choc, candy canes, cookies, etc.

It was a very uplifting day yesterday as we read thank you notes from the families that benefited from the turkey drive. It's awesome that we do this at Christmas...and throughout the year.

later......

1 comment:

Shay said...

I love reading your 25 days blogs. You are so inspirational! Did I ever tell you I love you??? I learn a lot about my brother too from reading your blogs, which is pretty cool!