Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I bought a new car ....

Last December I bought a new car
a Ford Escape

that is only the 7th car I have bought
my first car at age 18 was a Datsun
then I saved my money and bought myself a 1976 Camaro
Next up was a Ford Bronco II
then 3 kids later.....had to go with the mini van
Ford Aerostar
I drove that mini van for 10 years.
When we had to get a new vehicle, Johnny at first wanted
another mini van. I did not
So he bought me a Ford Expedition
I called her the MacDaddy! Loved the Expedition
I could haul a whole pile of kids around

I drove that for 10 years and then bought my Pontiac
G6 GT hard top convertible.
loved it and drove it for 7 years. 

Then comes December 2015. I wanted a crossover and the
one I really wanted was the Kia Sorento. But when we went to
the dealership they were not willing to work a deal
The Sorento was fast becoming one of the top rated crossovers
so they just were not offering a lot
we stood our ground and walked out

then went to the Ford dealership and settled on the Ford Escape. 
I say "settled" only because it wasn't really what I wanted
It's a great car with some really cool features but it felt small
to me....I wanted one with more room

In August they were offering some rebates on the Kia Sorento
but I had only had the Escape 8 months. Johnny said well, all we
can do is see what they will offer. So we go, I find one I want, they
tell us the price, great price....BUT, will they give us payoff on the
Escape. At first they said no but when they realized we were willing
to walk away, they agreed to payoff.
and now I have what I really wanted.....the Kia Sorento.



we love it!

later.....

1 comment:

Martin said...

Love your new car. I found that the best way to get the salesman at the car lot to help fast, stay outside by your vehicle and set the terms. Let them go back inside and talk to the manager and worry about you driving off as opposed to sitting captive in that chair in his office. I got the price I wanted and was home in a couple hours using this little trick.