Sunday, July 13, 2014

A little Sunday cooking ....

Today I didn't really have any plans
thought about raking up the massive amount of pine tags that
are falling in the backyard
but first, I needed to go get some groceries for the week
So I made my menu plan and from that, made my grocery list
 
When I got there, right as I got inside I heard a familiar voice
yell "mom".........haha! It was Jacquelyn, Bucky and Declan
and right away Declan threw his arms out for me to pick him up
then gave me the biggest hug....love that boy!!
 
 
Get home and it's just too hot to be raking in the yard so I decided to
go ahead and cut up my veggies and fruit for the week.
which then lead to other cooking.......and holy moly, you just won't believe
what all I did!!! It's so much I'm going to bullet point the list!!
  • I cut up green, yellow and orange peppers for snacking
  • Cut up cucumbers for snacking
  • Boiled a dozen eggs for our breakfast this week
  • Roasted squash, zucchini, onions and smoked sausage
  • Made 4 containers of homemade taco seasoning.....one for me and then one for each of the kids. They love it!
  • Roasted broccoli and cauliflower
  • Baked chicken
  • Baked pork chops
  • Cut up a pineapple
  • Made mint pesto (for the chicken)
  • Made a large pot of unstuffed cabbage rolls
  • Made a cucumber salad
  • Cut up 2 watermelons
  • sliced up some Hanover tomatoes!!
  • Made a jug of lime, lemon water for the fridge
 
So basically I have no cooking or chopping to do this week
I have enough cooked for dinner and lunches
 
right before going in the oven.....yumm, one of our favorites
 
 
Once you have this homemade taco seasoning, you'll never buy the
packaged again.....so good!!



I cut up the chicken that I cooked and put in to individual containers
so that we can just grab these for lunch
the reddish color on the chicken is paprika....mmmmm
 

 
Cold watermelon ... one of my favorite things about summer!!

 
I bought a new BBQ rub at Trader Joes and tried it out on
these pork chops. Very good.....and that is what we had for dinner tonight



 
I just bought this new jug on Saturday at Home Goods. I have a large
one but needed a smaller one that would fit on the fridge shelf...this one is perfect. I love just cold water with squeezed lemons and limes
it's very refreshing


 
here's the mint pesto.....can't wait to have tomorrow
with my chicken



this makes me so happy! It means I can grab my breakfast and lunch quick in
the morning. And after Jazzercise there is no guessing on dinner, everything
is already ready. Sure makes the week easier
 
No onions left for my cucumber salad.......ughh!!
Used them in other dishes and forgot to buy more at the store

 
I don't do this every week.......I wish I did but sometimes there
is just more fun things to do on Sundays!
I'll be putting the recipes up on some other post
 
later.......


1 comment:

Carol Reynolds said...

can't wait for the recipes, sounds amazing