Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumpkin Spice latte ....

I LOVE pumpkin spice latte
and normally I just use the Int'l delight coffee creamer at home
or run over to Starbucks and spend some moola!
 
But now that I'm eating clean, I needed a recipe that would fit
in my new eating lifestyle.
thanks to my son Jake, he found a wonderful, easy recipe for me
 
here ya go......
 
 
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg or allspice
  • 1/2 cup coffee
 
Brew up some good strong coffee.
Heat in a pan the pumpkin, coconut milk and honey. Let it get a bit bubbly but not a full boil. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cinnamon. Pour into your coffee mug then pour your hot coffee on top. Stir and sprinkle with the nutmeg.
 
The only thing I did different was I only used 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of vanilla. I did not want it overly sweet. And it was perfect! But I will try it the other way just to compare :)
 


 
This is soooo yummy!! I'll be making this all fall and winter!
 
later...


1 comment:

Jenna said...

This looks AWESOME! Can you make up a batch and save it in the fridge or is this something you have to make fresh for each cup of coffee?