Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall ...

I love the fall of the year
it's hard for me to say it's my favorite as I'm lucky enough to live in
Virginia and we get all 4 seasons. And there are things about each
season that I just love. But one thing I love about fall is my feeling
to stay home, to "nest".......to make my home warm feeling
and lots of home cooking.
 
When driving to work in the fall, at times, the leaves along the highway
are just breath taking! The coolness in the air feels so good on your skin
and you're wrapped up in warm sweaters, jeans, scarves........and boots!!
love fall clothing...
 
So now that we are back from the beach, suntan lotions and bathing suits are put away and it's now time to pull out my fall decorations.
 
let's start with the front porch......
no more summer flowers.......I filled the urn with a pumpkin
and fake fall foliage
 
 
I made the wreath last year and it survived another year up in the attic!





for the kitchen table, I pulled out my very old coke crate
and filled with more fake fall leaves and pumpkins
 

 
here's my glass pumpkin that I need to fill with something...probably
candy corn!


the pumpkins below I found at the dollar store ... no kidding! They are
ceramic and I love that they are not the traditional orange color

 
I really need to work on getting a family picture in that big empty
frame over the fireplace!


 
later on I will add real mums and pumpkins to the front porch
but it's a bit too early right now as I believe we're still in for some
warm weather.
 
later.....


No comments: