Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New kind of potato salad........

I love good old fashion potato salad with Dukes mayo!
But...
we all need to eat a little healthier so here's a twist on tater salad!
since I started making this one, I don't care to go back to the mayo drenched taters!!

1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup black olives, halved
1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large lemon zested
( zested the whole lemon plus add the juice from it)
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

boil your potatoes until tender then drain and set aside to cool

In a serving bowl, mix together all of the ingredients above.
Then fold in your potatoes.
Put in the frig for at least one hour before serving.
the recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of capers, rinsed and drained
since Johnny is on a low sodium diet and a few of the kids do not like capers
I left that out.
I love capers so probably really good with them but it's fine without
I hope you enjoy this recipe
it may make you give up mayo drenched tater salad! haha

later.........

No comments: