Wednesday, February 6, 2008

100! 100! 100!

wow.....I can't even believe that I have posted 100 times! good grief.....who knew I had that much to say. Well, maybe Johnny would argue with that...haha

so I think I'm supposed to post 100 things about me.......is that right? well, here it is.........
1. I have been happily married to my very best friend in the world, Johnny boy, for 28 years. (29 in May)
2. If possible, I love him even more today than 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 29 years ago!
3. If possible, I love my kids too much.
4. I love doggies.....I wish I could live on a farm with tons of land and adopt all of the homeless dogs!
5. I am the second oldest sibling in my family. My oldest sister is 53, I’m 51, my brother is 47 and my little sister is 43.
6. I drive a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT hard top convertible……..and it’s hot!
7. I am 5 ft 3 inches
8. I have black hair with gray and brown eyes
9. I graduated from high school in 1974 and did not attend college
10. I was a stay at home mom for 14 years and loved every minute of it.
11. I wish I could be a stay at home grandma.
12. I have to have a glass of ice water on my nightstand when I go to bed at night
13. I have a terrible time with my back
14. I lost my best friend/sister in law 2 years ago to cancer and I miss her as much now as ever
15. My favorite food is anything Italian
16. My favorite dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
17. I was named after my mom…..Nina
18. I gave my middle daughter Jacquelyn my middle name….Diane
19. I love being at home
20. I love to read
21. I love to crochet
22. I love to scrapbook
23. I love to work in my flower garden
24. I love to drink beer
25. I love to drink coffee
26. I love to sit on the deck in the hot Virginia summer
27. I love to go to the beach…….The Outer Banks!
28. I think my dad is the best ever and is probably the number one Jack of all trades!
29. I think my mom is the best mom ever and the classiest woman I know.
30. My Johnny boy still drives his 1989 Ford pick up truck
31. I do not like to ride in the 1989 Ford pick up truck
32. I love to eat fresh fruit….especially blackberries and blueberries
33. My favorite outfit to wear is jeans and a white cotton blouse.
34. I have tons of decorating ideas but not always the wallet for them.
35. I enjoy cooking in the winter…not so much in the summer.
36. I have a horrible fear of snakes and cannot even see them on TV or look at a picture.
37. My favorite shoes are my Birkenstocks and I wear them in the winter with socks.
38. I love football
39. I only enjoy college basketball during the playoffs and that’s only because I play the pools
40. I love Aerosmith
41. I love living in Virginia because we have all 4 seasons, the ocean and the mountains.
42. I love snow!!
43. My favorite football team is Dallas and second is Green Bay
44. My favorite baseball team is Atlanta and second is Boston
45. After all of these years......I still miss my grandma
46. When I was young, I dreamed of being an interior decorator in a big city like New York
47. I don’t care for cats
48. I have to read my Sunday paper in order……first, the sales ads, then the comics, The Flair section, the Metro section, the front page……..and none of the rest
49. Yellow is my favorite color
50. Peonies are my favorite flower
51. March 2006 is the first time I had ever been out of the country. I went to Honduras for a friend’s wedding……and it was fun!
52. I have lived in Richmond, Virginia all of my life
53. I want to very badly go to Hawaii but Johnny boy doesn’t want to fly over the ocean so that may never happen
54. I am not a nice person in the morning. I do not like for anyone to speak to me until I have had my cup of coffee……and then I am nice.
55. My wedding band has never been off of my finger since the day Johnny boy put it on there……May 19, 1979. I even had them tape it up whenever I had surgery.
56. I have one grandchild……Maddox who is 2 yrs of age and is the LOVE of my life.
57. I dream of living at the beach
58. Favorite movies – Field of Dreams, Any Given Sunday…..baseball and football of course
59. Christmas is my favorite holiday and my most favorite time of the year!
60. I love sleeping late
61. I love Yankee candles…….especially the Clean Cotton
62. My favorite lotion to use is still Johnson’s baby lotion in the pink bottle….I use it every day.
63. I love my job
64. My birthday is March 22nd
65. Johnny boy’s birthday is June 22nd
66. I have always thought that the number 22 is magical to me because 90% of the time when I look to see what time it is, it is 22 minutes after the hour.
67. See, I just looked and it’s 22 minutes after the hour!
68. I love seafood
69. I quit smoking May 2007
70. I still want a cigarette but it’s all good
71. My thyroid does not work, at all…….it’s a wonder I don’t weigh 200 lbs.
72. My current favorite TV shows are…..Lost, Greys, the Office, Friday Night Lights
73. OMG……am I at 100 yet!!
74. My new favorite ugly sayings are “Ass Clown” and “Hell to the freakin NO”. Ass Clown replaces “Rat Bastard”
75. I LOVE to play poker
76. Is anybody still even reading this and if you are, leave me a comment!
77. I do not eat fast food
78. I have had one speeding ticket my entire life………and I was 18 yrs of age
79. I buy all of my clothes from the Gap
80. My all time favorite band growing up was the Grateful Dead……I think that makes me an old hippie
81. I love celebrity gossip but I hate how the paparazzi hound the celebrities
82. I love loud music
83. I love fast cars
84. I only drink one or two sodas a month….either Pepsi or Sprite.
85. I love sitting on the beach all day, watching people, watching the waves, reading a good book and drinking cold beer….ahhh, is it summer yet?
86. I feel like my day is incomplete if I don’t read the morning paper.
87. I talk to my dogs like they are people and I even crack jokes with them
88. I’m not a big shopping person.
89. And I really hate grocery shopping. I’m so thankful that Johnny boy likes grocery shopping
90. Did I mention how much I love my Johnny boy?
91. I hate to carry a pocket book……..and now that I quit smoking it is easier to get by without one….. I don’t have to worry about carrying around cigs and a lighter. So I just have my phone and my keys!
92. I’m thinking dieting is really, really hard and I’m not much of a fan.
93 I’m also not a fan of these damn hot flashes.
94. And coming up with 100 facts about yourself is also really, really hard.
95. I didn’t know I would love blogging so much and reading all of my bloggy friends blogs!!
96. I love coming home from work on Fridays……I make a pot of coffee and sit back and do nothing!
97. I now love to say “that’s how I roll”
98. I love to read John Grisham books
99. I do not pump gas
100. I love my life! it may seem mundane and boring to some but it's everything I want it to be and I'm just enjoying life!!

and that’s me……..100 facts about me!


later......

8 comments:

Carol Reynolds said...

I am very impressed Miss Nina. I laughed at the "I don't like to ride in the 1998 Ford truck". Great. We should get together and scrapbook some time. I absolutely adore scrapbooking. Did you know (not to make you feel bad) that you graduated h.s. the year after I was born. I was 1. LOL

Anonymous said...

Good job, girfriend...Seems I know you pretty well after reading all those. I'll post mine when I get to 100. :)

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! You did it! You got to 100 posts and you managed to get through the list of 100!

Loreluca said...

AWESOME post!!! Loved how "Ass Clown" replaces "Rat Bastard". It actually made me laugh out loud, Cesar wanted to come and see what I was reading :)
Anyways... I am still trying to figure out what is your job!

Lesli said...

What a great list - congrats on your 100th post!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

WOW!!! I just LOVE this list. What a great post for your 100th!! (Congrats, btw!!)

Wasn't Lost GREAT!!!!???

Kimba said...

I would love to grab a beer and people watch on the beach with you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed you could come up with 100 things -- I'd still be sitting here trying to think of things to say! And after almost 29 years, there are still things that I learn about you from reading your blogs! Have I ever told you how happy I am that you're my sister-in-law???