Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day.......

no....not just the Cowboys but my weigh in after eating what feels like practically NOTHING! Kidding....it hasn't been that hard and I'm surprised that I've been so good for a week. Usually I just tell myself what the hell, I'll start again another week. But nope......I stuck with it this time. I wonder how much I lost?

I received my Kraft magazine in the mail the other day......if you do not receive this, you should go online and register for it. It's free and it has the best recipes. And the really great thing about the recipes, you usually have all of the ingredients already in your kitchen. Or maybe I do since Johnny boy works for Kraft (Nabisco)...

so tonight I tried one of the recipes out of the magazine......which is really weird because I NEVER cook on a Saturday night but this is my new healthy eating plan. I'm trying to stay away from take out.....sorry Gino's, sorry Vinny's, sorry Mr Wongs, sorry Casa Grande.....

I cooked Brushetta & Cheese stuffed Chicken. Yum Yum.....mix up Italian style tomatoes, (do not drain) Stovetop stuffing for chicken, basil and mozzerella cheese. Flatten out the chicken breast, spoon on the stuff above and then roll up the chicken. Drizzle Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Dressing with parmesion and stick in a 350 oven for 40 min. After that, put some cheese on top of each breast, stick back in oven for about 5 min. This stuff is good!

well, New England just won.......so NE and Green Bay are set for next weekend. Tomorrow we'll find out the rest....

later.....

4 comments:

Kimba said...

Good luck!!

I simply love the Kraft magazine, I look forward to them every season!

We're watching the game thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to sign up for the magazine....I don't cook (because I SUCK at it!), but thought if I had simple recipes with ingredients that weren't hard to find, it may be easier for me.

Good luck with the weigh in!!

Nina Diane said...

Kimba - thanks! I wish they could have done more. I'll be pulling for your Pats this weekend.

Kellie - you should sign up for it. Tonight I made the Italian meatloaf and it was so easy and so good......every bit of it was eaten up!

Loreluca said...

Sounds AWESOME cooking, Nina! I think I get that zine, but I think I've never really read it. We use it mostly for the kids projects, sorry!