Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weekend recap.......




in bullet points......




  • Took 1/2 day off on Friday and went shopping. Hit up Short Pump Mall, Kohls and Va Center Commons and am about done! Except for stocking stuffers


  • Saturday cleaned house and wrapped presents....and wrapped presents.....and wrapped presents!


  • Saturday night Johnny and I went to a dear friend's cocktail party. And we were smart....we had Jake drive us there and pick us up. No drinking and driving for us!


  • Sunday started slow but then we got all into cooking some of the Christmas goodies. We made a few batches of Russian Tea cookies, which won't last long as they are Jake's favorites. Then a bunch of Buckeye's.........also won't last long.....Johnny's favorites. But at least it's a start.


  • Lots of football and we DID NOT get to see the Dallas game.....was not on our stations. And it was not fun watching the scores update and Detroit stay in the lead. But then they started showing the game with 18 seconds left.........and woo hoo, hallajuah, praise be to the football gods......The Cowboys won!!! Way to make us fans sweat!!


  • I try not to decorate tacky....I believe my decorations are in good taste but I do allow Johnny to be tacky with the back yard and his pool room. That is today's pictures......enjoy

later..........

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh,,, I need the recipe to Russian Tea Cookies!!

We just about always get the Dallas games, but when we don't or I'm away from the house (hunting or softball) that's when I use the Sirius Satellite radio.. All the NFL games!!

Nina Diane said...

some people call these Mexican wedding cookies so ask cheryl if she already has the recipe for that. We have always called them Russian tea cookies.....let me know and I'll post the recipe

Susie Q said...

We always make Russian Tea Cakes! Peppermint Bark too. Those Tea Cakes travel well too. When Bill was in the Gulf War during the holidays, we sent him a bunch of them! The guys loved it!

Your house is just so pretty. Your tree is gorgeous and I love that everything goes so well together.

I am so behind in certain things and so need to start wrapping! Argh!!

Hugs,
Sue

Cheryl Wray said...

Go COwboys!!!!

Loreluca said...

Oh, I totally hear ya! Since I wasn't here, Brian and the kids did all the decorating... it's "cute", what can I say! (NOT!)
I haven't bought ONE single present. Worse thing is, I DON'T FEEL LIKE going SHOPPING!

Anonymous said...

At least Johnny Boy decorates his pool room! I think a lot of guys, left to their own devices, would just blow it off!!! I was just looking at your NeoCounter -- isn't it amazing to see how many people around the world are reading your blog?