Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A year later ....

July 9th marked my one year of clean eating
and I can honestly say it was one of my best decisions ever
Physically, I have never felt better. Clean eating has shown me that you
truly are what you eat. Eat crap, feel like crap!
I no longer have the achy arthritis pain in my fingers and knee.
yes, it's still there, I can feel it some but nothing like what it used to be.
My sinus' have never felt so clear and I rarely ever have headaches.
I sleep great and have tons of energy and pretty much just feel good every day.
 
When I started this I really thought I would not stick with it.
I thought I would miss things like cheese, crackers,
ice cream, cake, cake and cake......haha.
Cake is my weakness!
But I don't because I do allow myself to have things like that
every once in awhile. I stray from my clean eating slightly
when on vacation or during holidays. And sometimes just
because I want something. I have committed myself to eat
clean 90% of the time. I eat no grains except occasional
corn on the cob or popcorn. The only sugar I have is a Starbucks Frap or
a piece of birthday cake sometimes.  And of course my wine....but I limit wine to just weekends but some weekends
I don't even have any. And I eat no dairy. Hard to believe
but I just don't miss this stuff.....also don't miss candy.
 
My daily eating now consist of good, grass fed beef, free range, no
antibiotics added chicken, seafood, nitrate free, sugar free bacon...mmm, love bacon and lots of eggs. We also eat whatever
vegetables and fruits are in season, though I do buy some frozen
fruit for smoothies. And I load up on good fats like avocados, olive oil, olives,
cashews and almonds. I really don't try to re-create many recipes
because I enjoy the simplicity of my eating now. 
 
I know I will never go back to eating the way I used to eat and
I'm perfectly fine with that. I just really enjoy feeling so great more than
I enjoyed that food I used to eat!!
 
later.....
 


No comments: