Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fitbit ...

I love / hate my Fitbit!
I've been wearing Fitbit for a long time
Johnny gave me a new one this past Christmas
one that tracks more things plus you can read your results
on the band itself vs always having to go to the app or web site.
So that's really nice

But I have not worn my Fitbit since June 7th and today 
is June 28th!

here is my hate.....

  • I have a permanent dent in my wrist. After not wearing it for 21 days, the dent is still there
  • I become a little too obsessive about how many steps I get in. It really annoys me if I don't get in my 10k steps each day
  • Now have become obsessed with my resting heart rate AND my heart rate while exercising
  • I get very aggravated with the Fitbit taking forever to synch with the phone app
  • and lastly......why can't battery life be longer!! 

and here is what I love.......

  • I love that I have become obsessed with my steps. I'm not getting any younger and I need to keep moving so I think that is actually a good thing.
  • love that I can see how many calories I burn as I sweat my butt off in Jazzercise. Even though I know it's not 100% accurate, it's close enough for me.
  • I guess being aware of my resting and exercising heart rate is a good thing. Even though I know it's not 100% accurate like the calories it still could alarm me to a problem. (ie: the getting old part)
  • I really love the tracking my sleep feature. Not that it gets me any more sleep but when I'm really tired, I can look at my app and see that I only slept 5.5 hours......there's the problem! haha
So I guess some of the things that annoy me are actually things I do love
about the Fitbit. I guess like everything else, being aware
of your physical activity overrides the annoying things!

Now if they could just make that battery life a little longer!

later.......



No comments: