Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday's dinner ....

For Tuesday's dinner in the week in a day cooking,
we had Shredded Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
 
and let me just say......yummmm!!
Johnny and I both loved this one. At first he said no, he didn't want
any mango salsa, it would be too sweet. I'm like Johnny please, just taste it
so he did and he loved it
 
I got home from Jazzercise at 7:00 and by 7:15 dinner was ready.
You just can't believe how much I love this!! Cooking for a couple of
hours on Sunday was so worth it!
 
The pork tenderloin I had cooked on Sunday in the crock pot.
once cooled, I had shredded it. It is for 2 recipes this week so half
I put in an air tight container in the fridge
 and the other half I put in a freezer bag in
the freezer since we won't be having that until Friday.
 
The Mango Salsa I also made on Sunday. We used half tonight and will
use the other half tomorrow night....as I will make it into a dressing.
 
The taco seasoning I also made on Sunday.
so here's the recipes.........and again, they are from the
"Make Ahead Paleo" cookbook.
 
Taco seasoning.
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine:
  • 2 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon paprika
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 2 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoon sea salt
  • pinch of cayenne
I have made this taco seasoning before and trust me, so much better than that envelope of seasoning with heaven knows what all they use!! I use one of my mason jars to store this in the spice cabinet.
 
 
Mango Salsa
In a medium size bowl, combine all the ingredients, stir gently. Store the salsa in an airtight container in the fridge until needed.
 
  • 2 med ripe mangoes, peeled, seeds removed and diced. I used the frozen organic mangos that I buy at Costco. The only ingredient is mangos so yay!
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1 jalapeno, cored, seeded and diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (I used the flat leaf parsley)
  • 2 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • pinch of fresh ground black pepper
 
Here are the instructions for the night you have this for dinner
 
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Add the shredded pork, and stir to coat the pork with the oil.
Add 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water, stir
to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered until
the pork is heated through.
Serve the shredded pork in lettuce cups with Mango Salsa spooned on top.
 

We loved this recipe so I'll definitely will be making this a lot.
 
tomorrow night is Steak Cobb Salad with Mango Dressing.
 
later.........


No comments: