Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meyer Lemons ....

Have you heard of Meyers Lemons
because I had not
and then I saw a recipe on the world wide web (www) haha...
just had to throw that in!

Johnny and I went to Costco tonight and of course, they had them.
they are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange

here's the recipe that I saw on the internet and
I'm going to try it. I love seasoning food with lemons so
I'll let ya know how it turns out

Wash 6 lemons
Boil whole for 5 minutes
Cut into 8 wedges, remove seeds
Toss in 2/3 cup of coarse salt
Put into a jar.
Place them on your counter for five days and once a day
give them a toss
on the 5th day, add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the top and place
in the fridge
this will keep for a year
you can chop them up fine and use in dips, pasta, roasted on
chicken or fish.......anything that you would add lemon zest to.



later.....


No comments: