Tuesday, August 23, 2011

EARTHQUAKE ...

today in Virginia, we had an earthquake
OMG.....AN EARTHQUAKE!!
it was 5.9.....wow

we do not have quakes in Virginia
well, little itty bitty ones that know one feels
a few years ago we had like a 3.0 that just trembled a little
but today...well, it shook it up good today
I was working from home sitting at the kitchen table
the house started shaking and my first though was....
hmmm, did I over load the washing machine!
except that I wasn't washing clothes
then I saw the kitchen chairs start moving around
then I realized......EARTHQUAKE!!!!
I grabbed the puppy and yelled for the other 2 dogs
and ran out the back door ... leaving the door open
standing out there, you could still hear my windows rattling...

then I realized all of the dogs in the neighborhood were going crazy
barking and howling
my own Chrissy girl was shaking
the puppy...she was clueless

it was scary to me

I don't know how people out in California do it
Connie - how do you do it??
scary....

East Coast quake

and now we are bracing for hurricane Irene
well now, isn't this fun!

later...... 

1 comment:

LilliGirl said...

I was at work and loved it...then I thought about the potential damage and wasn't quite as excited anymore.