Thursday, June 21, 2018

Making progress ....

Lots to do around here as we settle in to our new home
on this little sand bar called the Outer Banks

We have been here 2 weeks today

here is my Virginia wall
the top picture is our previous home in Glen Allen
Jacquelyn and Bucky had an artist draw this as a gift to us at Christmas
the little picture is a cool picture of the state of Virginia done
by a local OBX artist. Our awesome real estate agent gifted us this
and the long picture is the state of Virginia that I cross stitched
many years ago when I used to do that a lot
Jacquelyn and Bucky said I need to paint that frame
Carolina blue so need to go get that


I have lots of family pictures that I just love
at our previous home, each room had 4 walls so lots of space
to hang pictures. But the living space in our beach home has
4 walls....living room, dining room and kitchen.
So I had to be a little creative, with the help of Jacquelyn, on
deciding to do family pictures along both sides of the staircase. I do
have room to add more pictures and I'm really happy with how
it turned out
Ignore the big blueish painting leaning on the wall
haven't gotten that up yet
and note the textured walls, love them




everything smaller in the beach house...including the pantry.
I was used to a pretty large one in our other home
and this one is small, and you can't really see what is in the back.
So I organized each shelf and labeled it so there is no
need to ask where something is....hope it stays straight!



the builder did the TV / cable connections on the wall
in all 3 bedrooms and the living room. Nice to get at least one
up today...thank you Babe!!
The master bedroom now has a TV instead of it
sitting on one of the bar stools
Notice there is still no furniture...haven't gotten that far yet
Just a bed and a TV!

later....

No comments: