Saturday, October 5, 2013

Chicken soup ....

I love making and eating homemade soups
especially during the fall and winter
 
here's my newest chicken soup recipe
very easy, very yummy
 
  • 2 tablespoons bacon grease
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 med onions, chopped
  • 1 quart chicken broth
  • 4 cups celery, chopped
  • 4 cups carrots, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I do not add parsley as I prefer the flavor of rosemary in my chicken soup so I use a little dried rosemary)
  • 3 lbs chicken meat, shredded (I use chicken breast, cook it then shred it)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
 
Heat a large pot over med heat and add in bacon grease. When hot, stir in garlic and onions and sauté.
 
When onions are slightly translucent, add broth, celery, carrots, parsley and chicken.
 
Sprinkle salt and pepper in....and give it one good stir
 
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
 
This recipe follows Paleo eating. Just make sure you check out the ingredients in your chicken broth. I buy the organic and make sure I get the one with NO added sugar. So shocking all of the items they add sugar to.
 
 
later........
 
 
 


No comments: