Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hard to believe....

but we are having more snow!
It was in the forecast but then they kind of downplayed it a bit.
then they said sleet, then they said rain, then maybe snow
so about the time I got home from work yesterday we had sleet and rain.
Rained during the night
got up this morning and it was just a dusting of snow
Schools weren't closed and they said it would be done by 8:00 or 9:00
So I got ready for work
ummm....it was looking bad outside.
But the little children in the neighborhood were braving the snow at the bus stops.
So I started my drive into work (photo at the top)
and then I had to stop behind a school bus.
when time to let off of the brake, I started sliding
went sideways on that road in the top photo
almost slid into a snow plow
decided I really didn't need to go to work!
So I went home and then found out work was closed until 10:00 and then later they updated that to 12:00
but I worked from home all day
My grandson Maddox went to school but before he got there, they closed school so the bus brought him home.
we have 20 to 30 mph winds with gust of 40 mph. So at times, it really looked like a blizzard.....2nd photo.
this has been a crazy day and a very crazy winter for us folks here in Virginia!

later.....

8 comments:

Mallory said...

this weather is crazy! i couldn't believe we didn't have a delay today at least..the sidewalks all around campus are just completely covered in ice. i slid all the way to my classes today...not looking foward to the time when i may actually fall!

LilliGirl said...

I'm so glad you are home safe and sound!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

your header is breath taking....Love your blog...

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

The governor of DE asked everyone to stay off the roads yesterday (Weds)
but I sat in my recliner and watched a handful of people lose traction on the road right in front of my house.

It's been a doozy of a week, eh?

Lucy said...

Yes, I stayed home yesterday too. Didn't see any reason to risk life and limb when I didn't need to. So I spring cleaned a bathroom and did up some posts ahead. Good day all and all!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW! Nina Diane this is a beautiful photo of the snowfall.

Happy Valentines Day! ~Melissa )

traci said...

more snow. you poor things. i'm glad we arent getting that much.

Rebecca said...

first off...gorgeous photos of the snow...second...im sitting in mesa az where the current temperature is 78 degrees....wishing you sunshine sooner than later...