Thursday, August 2, 2007

I was strong at Lowes.......

we have to buy a new refrigerator! Which really sucks because the "top of the line" that we have is only 5 1/2 years old. But we have had it repaired 4 times and now, it is broken again! I won't name the brand but believe me on this one....the "lonely" repairman was not really lonely......he has been hangin at our house quite often.
So here's the thing.....when we go to buy something big, I am sensible and realize that we do not need all of the bells and whistles. Johnny on the other hand is fascinated, possibly in love, with all of the bells and whistles. I always know that I need to be the strong one but then when I see all of the nice shiney appliances, I fail. I fail and let Johnny get the "top of the line". But tonight......I was strong! Yes.....when Johnny said hey, look at this one, it's $1998. I was like noooo, look at this one.......it's pretty much the same and it's only $1298. And then he was all like WOW...how about this one.......it's nice and it's $2498. WOW, WHY is it so much more!! I say.....for fools like you Johnny. Let's look at these, they are $1498. I stayed strong and we narrowed it down to 2.....which we want to check consumer reports on.....like that really does any good. And I guess we'll go back this weekend and make the purchase. We have a Braves game tomorrow night so it will need to wait.
later..........

No comments: