Saturday, January 6, 2018

Christmas eve ....

Christmas eve was so much fun
with our kids and grandkids

all clean and ready for the family
"the calm before the storm"


I put the tree in the living room this year and I really missed
having it in the den where I could see it every evening when
watching TV....I did this because of Khaleesi but then
ended up putting her in a crate
oh well...


the dining room table all ready for dinner



I do not have my coffee bar set up anymore
I'm looking for another piece of furniture to use for that
I saw the perfect piece at Costco and really regret I didn't
get it because now it's no longer available 
so I'm on the lookout!


here I am cooking again!
as much as I love it, cooking for a crowd will wear you out!


we now have to put a children's table up
when all of the kids and grandkids are here for dinner
I guess Khaleesi Rue was hoping she was going
to get a seat at that table


Our menu was...
London broil with horseradish sauce
rolls
pasta salad
lima beans
garden salad
and Daddy's dessert! 
We don't know what it is called, it's a recipe a friend gave him
and he makes it every year so we just call it "daddy's dessert"


For our appetizer, I did for the first time a charcuterie board
that's just a fancy word for salt preserved meats
I was so excited to make one of these, had been looking all
through Pinterest at all of the beautiful boards
I think it turned out pretty good with a good selection
of cheese and meats. Then some nuts, olives, artichoke hearts,
fig jam, bread sticks, grapes, dried cranberries, grapes, blackberries,
 crackers and mustard


I did a smaller one too so that Jacquelyn, who is a vegetarian could
have a nice selection of cheese, nuts and crackers


Jacquelyn bought Christmas crafts for the kids to entertain
them before dinner. So very thoughtful and the kids loved it


Declan, Gabe and Avery



John Thomas




Maddox and Nicole 


the kids and grandkids exchange their Christmas gifts
on Christmas eve.....and have so much fun









2 little princess'


so much fun and also so exhausting
topping the evening off with a little Bailey's. That is
always my treat during Christmas vacation


later....

No comments: