Saturday, October 7, 2017

Our home ....

It's no secret among family and friends that Johnny
and I plan to retire to the beach

It IS a dream come true for us
and I pray that it will happen

but before that, we must deal with our current home
and selling it. People often ask me how can you give up
your kitchen.......easy, I am moving to the beach!

how can you move from the home you raised your children....
easy........I am moving to the beach

how can you leave your kids and grandkids
not easy but I do know that as the grandkids get older, their lives
along with their parents will get so busy and though they may not 
believe this now, there will come a time they don't have
time for us. I know, we've been there
And this is NOT about leaving our kids, this is about chasing our dream
We have spent the last 35 years nurturing, protecting, caring for our children
Now it is our time, our time to spend together in what I refer to
as my "last quarter" of life

Homes in the Outer Banks go fast and we want to be ready
so we have plans to put our home on the market
and then just rent something until we find what we 
want at the beach

To get our home ready, there are just so many little things to be done.
first on my list was to paint the master bathroom
Johnny is putting in new floor and a new toilet
here's the color before.....


and after, just a clean bright WHITE


I will post after pictures once Johnny
gets the new floor installed.

later.....

No comments: