Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Elf on a shelf ...

Elf on a Shelf is all the craze.......everyone's doing it!
But what I'm wondering is when and who started all of this
because over 50 years ago.......yes, it's painful to type that
my Momma had some little Elves that she would put throughout the house.
She told us those Elves were watching us and they would report back
to Santa if we were good or bad

They had little outfits that were red and white stripes
and a tiny bit of tinsel around their neck

to be honest, they used to creep me out a little
until I got old enough to understand that really, they were
just little plastic head elves

a few years back, Momma gave each of us one of those Elves
and I bring him out every year.
He sits on my book shelves in the den and he is
the "Original Elf on a Shelf"



and here's my December chalk board.....idea from Pinterest





later.........



1 comment:

Mallory said...

love your chalkboard!!