I have another recipe to share!
this one is from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa
I love her show!
this recipe is so easy and quick and delicious!!
Johnny and I both loved it and I could see myself making this
one a lot.
here ya go........
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 1/3 cut dry white wine (this is optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast, skin on (I used skinless and it was great)
- 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just one minute but don't allow the garlic to turn brown. Take off of the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme and 1 tsp salt, mix up and pour into a 9 x 12 baking dish
Pat the chicken breast dry and place them over the sauce. Brush the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast, until the chicken is done. if the chicken is not browned, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with alum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot with the pan juices.
you have to try this one!! so good.......