Sunday, July 27, 2014

Unstuffed Cabbage Roll recipe ...

Another really, really good recipe
and I can't believe it but I failed to take pictures as I made this
a friend of mine gave me this recipe but it originally
came from someone named Diana Rattray
I don't know you Diana but I LOVE your recipe so thanks!!

Johnny loves when I make this. It's the kind of recipe
that is great for leftovers so we both enjoy taking this to
work for our lunch

UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS

1 1/2 to 2 lbs lean ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
 2 - 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce (also good if you use spaghetti sauce)
1 - 8 oz can of water
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is  no longer pink and onon is tender. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.

Johnny and I actually think this is even better the next day!

later.......

No comments: