Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday's dinner ....

Another yummy dinner from the cookbook
"Make Ahead Paleo"
 
Steak Cobb Salad with Mango Dressing
 
The steak was cooked on Sunday and I sliced it up thin and
put in an airtight container. The bacon and the hard boiled eggs were also
cooked on Sunday. I left the eggs whole until time to put on the salad but I did
chop up the bacon on Sunday.
So all I had to cut up tonight was the avocados and tomatoes.
Came home from Jazzercise at 7:00 and by 7:20 dinner was ready!
I'm loving this....
 
I used the other half of the mango salsa from last night to make the dressing.
 
here's the recipe.....
 
  • half of the mango salsa
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
add all to the food processor and puree. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add more water and process again.
 
The salad......
I filled both of our plates with a layer of lettuce
then I added everything in lines......
first steak, then eggs, bacon, tomatoes and last, avocados
 
 
I loved this and was very full afterward. I was worried whether Johnny would like it but he also loved it. And he's usually not a fan of cold steak but
with the mango dressing, he really enjoyed it.
 
Tomorrow night is PIZZA!!!
 
later.....


No comments: