Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday's dinner ....

PIZZA!!
 
I have not had pizza in what feels like forever.
I know I have not had it since I started eating clean July 10th.
 
So I was very excited for dinner tonight
The recipe is called Bacon Chicken pizza
the chicken, bacon and tomato sauce were all cooked
on Sunday. The pizza crust should have been cooked
Sunday night but I cheated on that one. I have been unable to find
coconut flour and arrowroot starch at a good price so I wasn't
prepared to make the crust. I just had the store brand crust for
tonight's dinner.
 
Like I said, the tomato sauce was cooked on Sunday and let
me say, it is wonderful. All recipes are from the
"Make Ahead Paleo" cookbook.
 
Red Sauce
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I used the flat left parsley)
  • 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 - 6 oz cans tomato paste
  • 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • pinch of rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
`In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes
Stir in the garlic and parsely
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, basil, rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce, covered, for 30 minutes.
 
On our pizza's we put the other half of the chicken I cooked on Sunday, chopped bacon, onions, black olives and mushrooms. And believe it or not, no cheese!!
I thought for sure Johnny would want cheese on his but no, he opted out
and loved it. So much so that he is taking the leftovers to work
for his lunch tomorrow.
 
 
Another fast and successful dinner!!
 
tomorrow night should be the rest of the pulled pork but Jake
is coming in to town and him and Johnny are doing their "usual" and
going out for Mexican. So it's a good thing I decided to freeze the rest of the
pork. We'll have that another night.
 
I've sure enjoyed making dinner this week and having so many things
already cooked. Made it so much easier. I'll be doing this again but will want to find some other recipes to try.
 
later.....
 



No comments: