Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday ....

From my cooking in one day for a week
tonight we had Sesame Chicken Salad
and it was delicious!!
This recipe is from "Make Ahead Paleo"
 
I had cooked the chicken and made the dressing on
Sunday so fixing dinner tonight took all of 15 minutes
I had to cut up the cabbage, carrots and onions
 
here's the recipe......
 
  • half of the cooked chicken (I cooked a whole chicken and shredded it up so for this recipe, I just used half of that, I'll need the rest later in the week)
  • 1 small head of cabbage, sliced thin
  • 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
  • 2 medium carrots
  • 4 green onions
  • 3 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
  • 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
  • sesame dressing
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cabbage, carrots, onions, sesame seeds and almonds. remove the dressing from the fridge, shake the jar to combine, and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
 
*****************
 and here's the recipe for the dressing....which was so
dang good I'll definitely be making more of this just for salads
 
  • 1 small shallot, minced
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon coconut aminos (I used soy sauce as I was out of aminos)
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • fresh ground black pepper
combine all ingredients in a jar, shake and keep in the fridge
 
 
tomorrow night is
Shredded Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
 
later..........


No comments: