Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Granola ....

I love to eat granola as a snack
but I don't eat processed food and grains anymore so
I needed to find a recipe that was grain free
This one fit the bill.......and it's so good
  • 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
  • 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped ( with macadamia nuts at $7.99 a lb. I chose to use raw cashews instead)
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh dates, diced ( I did not use these simply because I didn't have any. When I make this again, I'm going to use raisins instead)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine almonds, coconut flakes, nuts and fruit in a bowl.
Whisk together oil, honey and cinnamon
Pour oil-honey mixture over nuts and fruit, and mix
Spread onto a single layer on lightly oiled baking sheet
Bake for one hour at 275 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
Another thing I will do different is not add the cranberries until halfway through the cooking. Because they got a little too hard, almost burnt.
And I totally forgot to take a picture so a post without a picture...tsk tsk!!
later.......


No comments: