Sunday, September 29, 2013

Butternut Squash soup ...

My sister Kandi passed along this recipe to me
and wow, it is so yummy!!
 
here ya go......
 
  • 1 med onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • one med butternut squash
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 russet potato or a sweet potato. I used the sweet potato since I no longer eat white potatoes
  • 4 cups of chicken stock
  • 1 cup of coconut milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil for a few minutes
cube the squash, carrots and potatoes
add to the pot with 4 cups of chicken stock
simmer until fork tender......this only took maybe 15 minutes
remove from heat and add 1 cup of coconut milk
blend in a blender or use an emulsifier. I use an emulsifier, which I love!
salt and pepper to taste.....
 
this is quick to make and so good. I'm sure I'll be making this a lot this winter
 
 
later.....


No comments: