Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hanging out with Declan ...

I felt so lucky that Jacquelyn and Bucky invited me to stay
with them for a week once Declan arrived.
Bucky was on vacation that first week so I took vacation
the 2nd week. And I really stayed there....overnight all week
even though I only live 12 minutes away....haha!!
 
And Johnny would come over after work a few nights to have
dinner with us :)
 
I'm not sure how much help I was......I tried
I cooked, tried to keep the house tidy, took the dogs out
and helped with Declan. But I guess the big thing was I kept
Jacquelyn company.
She also got me hooked on that dang Twilight series........now
I have to watch them all :)
 
 
I also went with her to the drs for Declan's 2 week check up
he gained one whole pound in just one week!! wow....


This little guy, he is just so cool....very alert. More than I have ever
seen in a newborn. And good....woo wee, he's good!
Jacquelyn feeds him every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and then,
 believe it or not
he sleeps all night! yes......2 weeks old and sleeps all night!!!
we're talking 7 hours .... which the dr is fine with considering he
gained a whole pound in one week!!

Lordy how I love these grandbabies. It's so overwhelming how you feel
when they are born. I felt it when Maddox was born and now
again with Declan! I wasn't around for Gabe's birth...he didn't join
our family until age 3 but love him just as much.

here's a few pics of our precious new grandson







later.....


No comments: