Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter salad ....

I made lunch for some of my friends on
the Friday before Christmas
 
One of the things I made was this winter salad
and it's yummy.....
 
in this picture I had not added the cranberries yet
 
here's the recipe
 
4 oranges or 2 grapefruit (I used oranges)
1 avocado
1 large red apple, sliced
lemon juice
spinach leaves
dried cranberries
 
sprinkle avocado and apple slices with lemon juice so they won't turn brown
 
arrange oranges, avocado and apples on spinach leaves
sprinkle dried cranberries on top
 
serve with lime-honey dressing
 
recipe for that is......
3 tablespoons frozen limeade
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon poppy seed
Shake all ingredients in tightly covered jar, refrigerate
 
hope you enjoy
 
later....

No comments: