Monday, April 2, 2012

Mason Jar Salads ...

I saw the Mason Jar Salads on Pinterest and I thought
it looked fun....and handy!

So first up was digging out my jars and
washing them up


then the store for all of the salad supplies
lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, water chestnuts, strawberries
cabbage, shredded broccoli salad, celery, cheese



I would have liked to have put avocada's in the jars but wasn't
sure how they would do

and then cut up everything.....



The first layer is the dressing.
I did a couple of jars without dressing....just want to see how they
turn out.


the next layer is cabbage and shredded broccoli
you want this layer to be the one that is ok to soak up dressing


then just start adding the layers


lettuce is the very last to add
and just mash it down.....I just kept pushing it down more
so that I could get enough in there



and here ya go......enough salads for the week
we can either grab these to take to work for lunch
or have them for dinner. All of the chopping is already done!


later....

2 comments:

Mallory said...

You are the second person I follow to have seen do this Pinterest tip! I'm definitely going to have to try it once I get home and [hopefully] have a job that I can take lunch too! They look so yummy!!

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

They look awesome... Is each a personal size or is there enough for 2 (as a side with dinner)? Let me know how well they keep...

Tom