Thursday, May 12, 2011

Corn salsa.....

here is your recipe of the summer!
so fresh tasting....you will love this
and as with all recipes, I change them up just a little

2 ears of corn, cooked and scraped from the cob
(I also will use a bag of frozen corn)
2 tomatoes, chopped
(right now I use cherry tomatoes halved as they have more flavor)
small purple onion, chopped
one red bell pepper, chopped
(I use red, orange and yellow)
2 jalepenos, chopped
1 small can fire roasted chiles
(I chop these up a little)
juice from 2 limes
(I also use a spoon and try to scrape out as much of the lime as I can)
1 whole bunch of cilantro, chopped
olive oil

throw it all together, mix and put in the frig for at least an hour before serving
the olive oil, I just don't know how much to tell you here as I just pour it on
if I had to guess, maybe a 1/4 cup for this recipe
I doubled this recipe so I used more
this is just so fresh and yummy
the lime juice mixed with the cilantro...mmmm, good stuff
I bought the pita chips at the grocery store and they were
excellent served with this
I should have taken a picture....it's so colorful
if you make this, let me know how you liked it
later...........

No comments: