Thursday, December 3, 2009

25 days of Christmas....


I'm copying an idea from my sweet niece's blog...
http://www.memoriesbymallory.blogspot.com

from her blog.... "I thought it might be fun to try and do my own 25 days of Christmas, and blog about a different Christmasy thing everyday in December up through Christmas. I hope I'll be able to keep it up!" And go check out what she has already posted.

Of course, I'm late since this is the 3rd but I'll try to do a Christmas post every day.

So my first will have to do with the reason for the season.....the birthday of our savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
When our children were young, they loved singing Happy Birthday to Jesus every Christmas eve and Christmas day. And sometimes it was a little hard to explain why they were receiving gifts from Santa when in fact it was Jesus who should receive the gifts on his birthday. But I told them that our love for Jesus and our love for each other is Jesus' birthday gift. And to carry that love all year in our heart is all that Jesus has ever wanted from us. And I think they do...my kids are full of love for God, family, friends and life. Yes, they still enjoy the gifts from Santa, but they know the real reason for the season.

later....

2 comments:

Mallory said...

Love your first post of the 25! And what a coincidence...it kind of ties in to what I'm about to write for day 3! :)

LilliGirl said...

Good idea and great explanation!