Sunday, October 25, 2009

Roller coaster......


Yesterday my nephew married a beautiful girl....in a beautiful ceremony.
I could not be happier as my nephew has been through a lot and we are so very proud of him.

I knew it would be emotional but wasn't quite prepared for the roller coaster of emotions that I went through.....along with most everyone else in our family.

You see, my nephew's mom passed away 3 years ago from a brain tumor. She was my husband's baby sister....and my SIL. And she was my very best friend in the whole wide world. I miss her so much and I know people say time heals. It heals the hurt but not the missing part. I miss her more now than ever.

and yesterday.....we all missed her a lot. She should have been there. She should have been able to see her only son be married.

The tears started for me on Friday at the rehearsal.......then onto the rehearsal dinner. And when the wedding started and the wedding was dedicated to her memory, the tears flowed. They flowed for sadness that she wasn't there, sadness that my nephew didn't have his mom with him.....but also tears for how happy and in love my nephew is.....and tears for how proud we all are of everything he has become....and tears for his new relationship with God.

a roller coaster.....

later......

6 comments:

LilliGirl said...

I'm so proud of him! And i know you are too. I've no doubt Jamie watched and smiled too. (hugs)

LilliGirl said...

PS - We need hair pics and I love your new header. Where was it taken?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

the header is awesome......

Anonymous said...

oh wow, I am so sorry about your sil but so happy about your nephew!

Carol Reynolds said...

Oh darling. I know that was hard. So happy that you were able to see the good in the day. Remember- even those who are not with us in the physical sense, can still be with us in the spiritual sense. I am sure your SIL was there in everything good and holy about that day to see her son start this new journey.

Karen said...

Isn't it tough when we have to experience those moments without those we love. When my nephew married, I just kept thinking my Mom should be there. And now my niece is pregnant and it would be Mom's first great grandchild - she should be here.
But. For some reason The Lord called them. Hard to understand why, but who are we to question.
Hold on to your memories and keep them close. Some days it's those memories that get us by.
I'm sorry you had to lose your best friend. I don't know what would happen if I Lost mine. She's so much a part of me . . .
But you had a beautiful day. How awesome is that.
Hugs. Karen