Saturday, September 5, 2009

can't think of a title......







things are falling into place.....piano was moved, color for the floor picked out, sick computer picked up.

So now family dinner on Sunday then pack for the beach!

Thursday evening we went with Nicole and Maddox to his new school. The pre-school program moved to another school.....which is actually closer to Nicole's house so that is good. He has the same teacher and 4 of the 5 children in his class will be returning.

He knew of course that it was a different school and he walked around looking very serious. Once we walked in his classroom, he recognized his teacher and smiled and then acted very shy and a little flirty with Ms Erin. Then he walked all around the classroom touching all of the items that Ms Erin had brought over from the old school. And when he came across something new or different, he looked over to her. Once he was satisfied that everything from last year was there, then he seemed comfortable. It's funny.....we have just gotten so good at reading his body language. Ms Erin was amazed at how well he was walking and carrying himself. Nicole told her that we may be getting a diagnoses in Oct for the speech aprexia and she was very familiar with the different techniques for working with this. So we feel like it's going to be a very good year.

Then today I went with Nicole and Maddox to get his school supplies...yep, even at this age he had a list! We also bought new shoes for school but still need to find some new tennis shoes. He has to have wide shoes to accommodate for his braces.

I never, ever get kisses from Maddox. I get hugs...and they are some good hugs! But never kisses...they are def reserved for his mommy. But today, when we were leaving the store, I told Maddox that I hope he liked his new things we bought him for school and he smiled at me...then leaned over and gave me a kiss! You know that I had tears in my eyes...always do for all of his sweetness. And then I must not have had too much garlic on my breath because he gave me 2 more kisses. I think that was his way of saying thank you.

later.....

5 comments:

LilliGirl said...

That is so wonderful. You guys, and Maddox, are all so blessed to have each other. He is such a sweetie. I hope you have a fabulous vacation and I LOVE that new photo header! You're getting really good!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Absolutley love the header....Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed your blog.
Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Loreluca said...

What a sweet, beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Makes my night a lot happier!
Hugs to him. Hope it is a very good year, indeed!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are way too cute!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Ahh, a kiss from your Maddox. I LOVE it!!