My youngest, my baby, my baby boy.........he turns 21 years old today.
It's hard to believe.......where did the time go.
It took us 2 years to get pregnant with our first. Then it took 4 1/2 years for our next one. So when our second one was 3 months old, we found out we were expecting our 3rd child.......imagine our surprise! And I was not the kind who wanted to know what we were having...they were all surprises. But I knew, I just knew that third one was a boy.
And having a boy was so different! I had been taking care of our 2 little girls who were all girly and sweet and good....and played and were happy. Then we had Jake! Whoa was that different............boys are just so much more work......good work but work none the less.
- he did not like to sleep
- only took 20 or 30 min cat naps
- could get dirty just walking to the car to go somewhere
- loved to flush things down the toilet...like cars, action figures!
- he loved getting into everything!
- loved baseball, football and swim team
- loved riding his bike
- loved skateboarding even more
- and now loves snowboarding
- loves tattoos.....though mom doesn't "love" them
- blazes his own trails
He's my big guy now........no longer my little guy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!! We love you so much but then again, you know that!