Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving.....





We had a wonderful day........football, Dallas winning and wonderful food.

and now......the decorating begins!!
I had Jake and his friend Tony take my Christmas trees down because Johnny can't....you know, with his back.

I love decorating for Christmas. I keep ideas swirling through my head all of the time and then I just love pulling everything out and putting my ideas into place.

And we'll go do some shopping tomorrow. Though we are not the kind who get up at 4:00am to shop! Nope.....we wait until the crowds die down and then head out. We're going to Costco and Best Buy. Not sure where else.....

A lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving......Johnny home from the hospital and doing well, our family, our jobs, our home....God in our hearts. This is tough times for a lot of people...I am thankful that right now, we are doing ok....my 401k is another story though!

A few pictures......you can see my kitchen is all painted now but very, very plain looking. I've bought my fabric..hopefully will sew my curtains this week. I've framed a few of my photos but haven't hung them yet...I'll get it done soon.

I'm tired.....did a whole lot of cooking and it has worn out this woman!!

later.......

3 comments:

traci said...

the perfect thanksgiving. so glad your husband got home in time. can't wait to see pix of your christmas decorations.

Connie said...

What a nice day and glad your Johnny was home for it all. Hope he's feeling better! Connie

Loreluca said...

LOVE the pix of Maddox! He looks cute with his "indian hat" thingy... Hugs! Hope Johnny boy is all fine by now!