Sunday, March 30, 2008
So yee haw........I started the day by sleeping in. Everyone else was at work so I had the house to myself. Then spent the morning getting the laundry done and cleaning up. After eating some lunch, I went outside and did my most favorite......worked in my flower garden. And then....then.........damn it, I got into some poison ivy!!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
- Went to Target and spent WHAT on Easter candy??? hehe.......I not only STILL fix baskets for my 3 grown children but I also fix them for Bucky (Jacq's boyfriend) and Kayla (Jake's girlfriend) and Maddox....and this year for my nephew Tommy. And what?? you don't fill your grandson's basket with all new summer clothes!! So Johnny suffered a little cash register shock while checking out but it's all good.........
- Roofer came and fixed all of the loose shingles.....and that was my sticker shock!
- 1st round of the NCAA tournament so far..........I have missed two! I was about to have a heart attack watching Duke last night. But in the end, they pulled it out and won by 1 point....whew!
- Lost last night.....OMGosh.......I just couldn't even believe it and then the previews blew me away. That is probably the best TV writing ever!
- Johnny boy and I are going to see Blue Man Group tonight........looking forward to it. Jake saw them when in New York and has told us a lot about them but still, I'm not quite sure what to expect.
- We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs last night........WOO HOO to the grilling season!!
- Tomorrow is my birthday.....WOO HOO to birthdays! I'm not going to lie and act all reserved just because I'm turning freakin 52....I love birthdays. I want presents!
- I'm dyeing Easter eggs tomorrow and I will post pics because they are going to look so cool. The kids are grown but I just love dyeing eggs. One year, I took the eggs and wrapped them in cheese cloth. You boil onion skins........and let it cool. Then you put the wrapped eggs in the onion skin water.....they come out looking like they are wooden. It's so cool. The longer you leave them in, the darker the "wood". So this year is something different and I promise, I will post pics.
- So glad to FINALLY hear from Paula!
- I made that Apple dessert from Pioneer Woman's blog......the one with Mountain Dew and OMGosh.......it's absoutley wonderful. You seriously need to try it
- I start my photography class on April 8th...
- So here's one for ya.......I needed to take my Chrissy girl for her shots (my dog) and get her teeth cleaned. I knew they would need to do the bloodwork first and then I would schedule a few days later for the cleaning. So I called to ask them how much they were going to rip me off for.......ummm, how much it would cost. And she starts giving me the run down and I say.......SO, that's around $350 for everything. And she says yes. I took Chrissy on Tuesday and you know the drill, you meet with the vet and then they take your dog to do everything but bring you the "estimate" for today's work. Well, that "estimate" said $414.....WTFF.......and that was just for Tuesday. There would be an addt'll $327 for the cleaning.......making the total well over $700 bucks versus what they had told me!! I told them no thanks..........they had $184 just for bloodwork. 2 years ago when she got her teeth cleaned, the bloodwork was $40! They have been bought by another company who is obviously out to become millionaires right from the start gate. I told them forget it.....give her her shots and bring her to me!! Now I need to find another vet......
- Do you know that Jake is 19 years old.........will be 20 in May and can't stand the fact that I won't let him look in the Target bags at the Easter candy. And do you know that Johnny boy is almost 55 years old and wanted his Easter candy last night........and he said......but it's mine! What does that say.........that Delaney boys don't grow up!
- I didn't win that HGTV Dream home.........maybe next year!
So I think that's it for now........I will post pics tomorrow of my beautiful Easter eggs and maybe the Easter Baskets if I have them done! oh yeah.....one more thing......I can't stand Easter grass and I usually use the shredded colored paper. Well this year, I took some of my scrapbooking paper that I no longer like (you know, from the big packs) and I ran them through my shredder so that's what I'm using.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
- Roofer called to repair shingles situation - CHECK
- Washing machine repair guy coming on Friday - CHECK
- Computer virus, chunk it.....we bought a new one - CHECK
- Toliet mystery leak....has stopped but still need to check out
- Expedition all repaired - CHECK
- Refrigerator - seems there is some sort of "design flaw"......WHAT? ever so often she will freeze up and we just unplug?? WHAT? not sure what we're doing on this one!
Getting things done, one disaster at a time!
Sunday, March 9, 2008
and here's what happened the rest of the weekend............the wild winds on Sat blew a bunch of shingles off/loose on the roof, the washing machine broke, there is no fixing the horrible virus that has attacked our computer, one of the toliets upstairs starting leaking, something's wrong with the Expedition and the frig froze up!! Yep, the frig that is brand new! I mean did I do something wrong, is karma pissed at me or something, did I forget to say my prayers one night.......arghhhhhhh!!!
here's hoping the week is better
Thursday, March 6, 2008
but we have so much to do around the house that I don't think it's going to happen.....damn it!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
6...the number of laundry loads i have done today
7...the number of days until the CAA Tournament that I am going to
8....the number of new towels I bought this morning at Kohls
21...the number of days until spring.......let's see if the saying is true, in like a lamb and out like a lion. Today is beautiful so maybe.......
21...the number of days until we go see Blue Man Group
22...the number of days until my birthday
and 1 hour..........and we're going to the Home Show.